Mission Tripping

Okay, so I realized that I was going to tell you about my mission trip that I went on over spring break. But then I got so busy. And things just kept pilling up. and before I knew it, it was the middle of April. So let me tell you about my mission trip. I went to a church in La Vernia, TX, and then we went to a church in Carrizo Springs, TX. At both churches, we did manual labor and worked to clean up the churches to bless the people in those cities. In two words, I can describe what happened:

God moved. 

He took my heart and gave me a burden and a vision for Texas and the small towns in Texas that are lost and need The Lord. I saw people's lives changed and broken people become restored. It was a majestic experience that only could have come from God. I used to think that mission work was for people who can go over seas, to far off places. But no, it was such an eye opening experience. I'm not saying that the people who go over seas are not doing missions at all. They are, and I have the utmost respect for them and would love to experience that one day. However, the need is great in my owe state. 

Now, on this mission trip, I learned a lot about who God is, and what my attitude needs to be regarding what God calls me to do. I learned this through a tough battle called not showering for the trip. (we did get like a two minute rinse, but lets be honest, it didn't do much for me, though I was incredibly thankful for it) Anyway, I am the type of person that over showers if there was such a thing. I like to be clean. I like to have my hair smell good. My hair is temperamental and needs to be washed everyday. But, I found out that I was not going to be able to do this grooming on the trip. Immediately, I was discouraged. Then I realized I needed to lay down my rights and I needed to change my attitude for this trip. God doesn't need complainers, He needs willing hearts. So, I laid down my right to be clean, my right to connected, my right to sleep in a bed, my right to complain. When I laid them down, I saw God move. I was given the burden, and my eyes were opened to see the people that are God's children who are lost away from their Holy Father. 

Matthew 9:37 says, "Then He said to his disciples, "The harvest is plenty but the workers are few."
Matthew 28:19-20 says, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Here are some pictures of my team and trip. 





This is Lauren. She has for sure without a doubt changed my life. She is a strong woman of God and I love her to death.


That's all folks,
Adina


Comments

Popular Posts