Don’t Worry, Be a Puppy?

Hello all you cool cats,

Long time, no see. Like two years too long.

There has been so many updates in my life since we last spoke, I graduated from grad school, took a few pretty cool trips, got a little puppy by myself and few other things.  But who cares about that, I bet you are wondering about F and what happened to us... well we got MARRIED. Finally. About a year ago. And in case you were wondering, we have been together for eight years now. 8. ESPN the Ocho. E I G H T. We have two amazing pups, Baker and Jimbo, and love them dearly. We built a house in a small town suburb to a big city, and have been loving and living our life. We sometimes stop to think about how we got here and how incredibly thankful for Jesus and how He shows our love to us on a daily basis.

I guess I never really told you the story of how we met. Would you like to here it? Okay good, cause I am going to tell you.

The year was 2004, summer, and my older brother, Douglas, was a Boy Scout. Like many Boy Scouts strive to do, he was working on his Eagle Scout project.

F was in Doug’s troop and was elected to help my brother on his project which was building a fence around a dumpster. A noble act indeed, and I believe the fence still stands today. Part of this project involves feeding the men that are working on this project, and you guessed it, I was in charge of passing out the food. We got breakfast tacos, like any good Texas family would, and I handed my future husband, love of my life, man of my dreams, and at the time, a sweaty sixth grade boy a bean and cheese breakfast taco. 

Glamorous, I know. Then if you fast forward two years to 2007, I enrolled in a private school where F also went to school, and up until our junior year of high school, could probably count on one hand the number of conversations we had. Though he has a distinct memory of me telling him good game after a loss in a football game our freshmen year. Crazy what you remember and the influence you have on people when you don’t even know it. 

So anyway, our junior year of high school, this sweet man, who loves baseball dearly, decided to focus on football training and working out and decided to participate in the track event that I also participated in, instead of playing baseball. I am sure at the time this was a hard decision, but imagining the life choice that he made to not play, that lead to him and I becoming friends. So spring of 2010, we became friends, and started to hang out and before we knew it, he was my best friend and I actually couldn’t believe the friendship I had been missing in him. 

Then something so unexpected happen to both him and I, we started to really like each other, and August 14, 2010, on a starry night, he told me that he loved me, and like a movie, kissed me. True story, bro. 

We haven’t looked back since and today I type this blog, using our iPad (okay it is his, but it is mine) in our living room, with our puppies in my lap, and him working on my new blog right next to me. This morning we went to church, shopped for some home fares, and had lunch like it is our everyday life. Cause it is. I didn’t know that handing you a breakfast taco, or you choosing to not play baseball, were such pivotal moments in our lives. 

Which brings me to today, in our current season of life. Him and I both are in a season of uncertainty about the future, what next for us, and have many unanswered questions. But today I had my two pups show me and teach me two beautiful lessons. The first is, the Lord can use anyone, if He uses my pups to remind me of His love, He can use you and me too. The second is a little longer...

Our grass needed to be mowed today, and F is just the man to do it. Well my dogs found a window where they can watch him and it reminded me of just how much they love him. You see, he is their provider, their belly- rubber, their nighttime cuddler, their ball thrower, and they trust him with their life. They know they are not going to be hungry, cause F is going to feed them. They don’t worry about anything, because they know that if there a problem, F will take care of them. Where he goes they wanna be, and they desire to spend all their time with him. To consider this is the context of who our Father is, and how much more he loves us, which is so much more than we can even comprehend, shouldn’t we be like puppy, and just trust that the Lord is taking care of us? I am reminded of a passage in Matthew 6:25-34, Jesus is giving the sermon on the mount, and says do not worry. Not about your clothes, or food, anything. Simply to seek the Lord, and all things will be given to you. While the road is uncertain, I know two things to be true. Just like not playing baseball, which was hard and painful for F, turned out to lead him to me, I know this season, that is hard and painful, will lead us to something better than we can imagine and you best believe I’m going to trust the Lord and seek after Him to get us there.

With all my love,
Adina W. (Not E, I know it’s weird for me too)



Comments

Popular Posts